I’m always on the lookout for simple, fast and easy to put together recipes for my family. Although baking in my home is most always done from scratch, I can appreciate the ease of using convenience products from time to time. Refrigerated crescent rolls are fast, easy, cheap and pretty darn good!! Whom of us, especially in our childhood, hasn’t had the classic Pigs in a Blanket made by wrapping crescent rolls around a hot dog and baking till that puppy was golden brown? Ahhh, it takes me right back to the seventies… If mom felt like upping the ante she would add a piece of cheese and then, oh boy!! Talk about eating high on the hog and I mean that literally!
Cranberry Orange Crescent Bites are simple to make, taste good and hit the spot on a cool morning or for brunch. Using easy to keep on hand ingredients like dried cranberries and refrigerated canned dough make it quick to assemble and before you know it you are popping one, two or more of these babies into your mouth and saying yum-yum!
Cranberry Orange Crescent Bites will be a keeper in your recipe box. What is your favorite way to used refrigerated crescent roll dough? Leave us your ideas in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you!
So, tell us…
Have you tried this recipe? Have you made something similar? Do you like a particular photo? Does a step seem unclear? Comment below, we’d love to hear from you!
- 1 package 8 oz refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup walnuts or pecans finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon orange peel grated
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small cookie sheet or single layer cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside. Carefully unroll crescent roll dough on the parchment making sure the edges of the perforations stay close together. Pinch all perforations together to seal tightly. Your rectangle should be approximately 12" x 8". If using a cake pan, I recommend a separate piece of parchment paper be used to lay the dough on for ease of assembly.
- Sprinkle the dough with layers of brown sugar, cinnamon, dried cranberries, nuts and the 1 Tablespoon of grated orange peel.
- Starting from the long side, roll up keeping filling inside dough and pinching to seal.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place rolls on the cookie sheet or in the cake pan leaving an inch between each. Bake the rolls approximately 13-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Ovens may vary so start checking at the earliest time. Remove from the oven and prepare the glaze.
- Mix the powdered sugar, orange juice and orange peel in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over warm rolls and serve.
These rolls are best served warm.